The moral of the story is, all of us are totally willing to live in a poisoned or dysfunctional environment for our own laziness’ sake.
We’re each like a post-grad who still lives on campus in a quasi-frathouse that needs 6 months of crime scene cleanup just to be livable for a respectable family.
That particular example is not a moral problem for society, but it is a BIG problem when none of us want to do anything about society itself, either. And we’re seeing the results. The world around us is becoming dysfunctional quickly, an embarrassment to people who have such wealth and resources and good fortune to start with. But, we CAN fix it. And we should fix it. And a good start would be to work to take control of things that are for the public benefit, and stop listening to the rich white guys who keep telling us everything’s great as long as we keep “liking” shit on the Internet.
- semperidem likes this
- youngmanhattanite said: OWS is still fighting the fight. Join us.
- pleasedontsqueezetheshaman likes this
- perzadook reblogged this from brianvan and added:
- artyucko said: amen.
- megaemereri reblogged this from summeromegadeth
- summeromegadeth reblogged this from brianvan
- theblueprint likes this
- brianvan posted this